Trail Running Clinic on Saturday, June 9, 2018
- How to handle rough terrain through agility skill stations.
- How to train and run uphill without getting exhausted through discussion and trail runs at specific paces.
- How to be safe while running in the mountains for most of a day and examples of what to pack.
- What to drink and eat while trail running – sample nutrition and hydration.
- Find out whether trekking poles are right for you? Try them out for a short run.
- Workshops bookending a lovely 5-8 mile trail run above Ski Hill.
- 8am – Arrive and check in.
- 8:15am – Warm-up run and agility stations.
- 9am – Discussion of training for trail running and pacing.
- 9:30am – Runner specific strength training exercises and a short run to test out poles.
- 10am – Trail running snack break and discussion of what to pack for first aid, nutrition and hydration needs.
- 10:30am – Trail run of 5-8 miles, over varied terrain, providing an opportunity to test agility skills and energy-conservation running techniques.
- 12:00-12:30pm – Return to the lodge and discussion about the range of trail options in the Leavenworth area.
Price: $65 (minimum group size of 6) for a half day of guided trail running, movement-based workshops, handouts and trail running snacks.